Strengthening Wellbeing and Empowering our Clergy
10 questions to get you thinking when creating a Wellbeing Strategy for the Church of England:
- What does wellbeing mean to you?
- Good physical health
- Healthy eating
- Work/life balance
- People feeling empowered to flourish and their work
- All of the above
- What current indicators do you have of the Wellbeing of your people?
- What should we, as leaders of the Church, have responsibility for in people’s Wellbeing?
- What should we, as leaders of the Church, not have responsibility for in people’s Wellbeing?
- How does the wider community support the Wellbeing of our Clergy?
- Does the current culture support open and honest conversations around Wellbeing? What current opportunities, processes and structures are in place to encourage these kinds of conversations?
- How equipped and confident do we feel as leaders to have great conversations with our people?
- If someone was suffering from mental ill health, would they know what is available to them in terms of support?
- What are you doing to help everyone prevent mental ill health?
- Is there more that we as leaders could do to support Clergy Wellbeing in our Diocese?
Let’s take the first step towards that Wellbeing Strategy…