Traditionally managing negative wellbeing symptoms at work has involved ramping up rewards or benefits packages; organising wellbeing-themed weeks, with a range of activities; and signposting people towards an Employee Assistance Programme. These are all fine, but at Bailey & French, we feel it’s time to treat the causes rather than the symptoms. We take a strategic approach that moves away from trying to mitigate the effects of poor wellbeing and works to embed wellbeing into the foundations of organisational culture.
Our solutions create platforms for people to get a better understanding of psychological wellbeing, using the most recent Positive Psychology research on ways to flourish and thrive in work and beyond. We equip people with the right skills and tools, empowering individuals and teams to improve and maintain their wellbeing on a daily basis. We give immediate access to learning and tools that are simple, globally scalable, and blend easily into existing initiatives.
• Performance: Wellbeing programmes link positively to improvements in business key performance indicators (CIPD 2016)
• Adaptability: People with high levels of wellbeing are twice as likely to say that they adapt well to change (Gallup 2016)
• Attraction: 57% of millennials say that work-life balance and wellbeing in a job are ‘very important’ to them (Gallup 2016)
• Retention: People with high levels of wellbeing are 81% are less likely to seek out a new employer in the next year (Gallup 2016)
• Absence: Stress is the primary cause for long-term absence and second only to minor illnesses for short-term absence (CIPD 2016)
• Public policy: Wellbeing is now firmly part of the organisation health and safety agenda (CIPD 2016)
• Anyone who would like to go beyond the feeling of ‘surviving’ and move towards flourishing and thriving in work.
• Teams and organisations who are experiencing change and want to boost resilience and strengthen connections.
• Organisations who want to avoid a ‘parent-child’ culture of wellbeing and instead empower people to take personal responsibility.
• Organisations who understand the enormous benefits of wellbeing at work and want to make it a foundational part of their culture.
• Leaders who want a simple pulse check diagnosis of their organisation’s current levels of wellbeing to inform their future cultural strategy.
• Learn how to cultivate positive emotions
• Understand the ‘flow’ state and how to achieve it more regularly
• Nurture positive relationships and reducing corrosive connections
• Increase personal and team sense of purpose and meaning at work
• Enhance sense of daily accomplishment
• Develop resilience and collaboration
• Reduce recruitment and training costs
• Reduce people turnover and absences
We can offer Psychological Wellbeing solutions in a variety of formats:
• Combine all into a full programme.
The core modules for Psychological Wellbeing Discovery and Application are:
• Psychological Wellbeing Conversation Mat
• Cultivating Positive Emotions
• Increasing Engagement
• Develop Quality Relationships
• Creating Meaning
• Encouraging Achievement
• Building Resilience
BSUH is one of the NHS trusts that we are working with. Read how we supported positive wellbeing by empowering people to develop resilience and strengthen their workplace relationships.